Wisdom teeth erupt between the ages of 17 and 25, and there are some people never develop these teeth at all. No matter when the teeth erupt, your dentist might flag for wisdom teeth removal Sydneyfor so many reasons, including tight spacing, impaction, misalignment, or decay. If your dentist has suggested you or your teenager to have wisdom teeth removal, there is no need to panic. Although wisdom teeth removal qualifies as a surgery, it is performed safely every day in offices around the country. Here is what you should understand about the procedure before getting one.
Before the Surgery:
Before wisdom teeth removal, you will meet your dentist. No matter whether the procedure is done by an oral surgeon or your regular dentist, you will start with the initial appointment to discuss the process of surgery, medical history, and ask any questions you have about cheap wisdom teeth removal Sydney.
You will also make plans and schedules for wisdom teeth removal appointment. Make sure you accompany a family member or a friend to drive you back home on the day of the procedure, as you will need rest for at least one day.
During the Surgery:
On the day of the procedure at the dentist’s office for wisdom teeth removal, the dentist will help you get comfortable. He will get you anaesthesia depending on your specific situation. Once the area is numb, the dentist will set to work to remove your teeth. At this point, you might feel some sensation but shouldn’t feel any pain.
Depending on the position of your wisdom teeth, sometimes the dentist will cut into your gum or jawbone to remove the wisdom teeth beneath. In this case, he will insert dissolvable sutures and pack the wound with gauze to help to heal. Wisdom teeth removal mostly takes less than an hour.
After the Surgery:
Once the surgeon has removed your wisdom teeth, he will let you rest until you have recovered from your anaesthesia or until you feel better to get up. Most people experience some discomfort or swelling for the first few days after getting affordable wisdom teeth removal cost Sydney, and it generally takes a few weeks to heal completely. The healing speed depends on how closely you follow the aftercare guidelines given by your dentist.
Aftercare Guidelines to keep in mind:
- Eat soft foods like applesauce, yoghurt, and soups for at least two days after the procedure. Slowly introduce firmer foods when you feel ready.
- Keep yourself hydrated following the surgery. Keeping your body hydrated will support not only your body but also speed up healing. Try not to take hot beverages for at least the first day after the surgery.
- Take it easy for the rest of the day. Avoid any hard physical activity as it may dislodge the blood clot from the sockets.
- Your dentist will give you a brushing schedule follow it strictly.
- Don’t drink through a straw, smoke, spit or rinse your mouth aggressively to avoid dreaded dry socket.
Wisdom teeth removal cost Sydney is much affordable andis a routine and safe procedure performed by dentists.