Generally, scars are caused by cuts, burns, bites and skin disorders like acne and it forms if the injury is deeper than a third of the entire depth of the skin. They are the body’s replacement for the original skin and the skin often overreacts and the replacement skin is thicker and darker in pigmentation.
Mostly peoples have a normal question on how to rid of acne scars, here is the solution for the question. If you want to minimize acne scars then you need to minimize the thick and dark skin created during the healing process. You can also treat your acne scars medically, come let’s discuss them.
Discuss with a dermatologist about treatment option:
A doctor will determine what type of acne scars you have and the severity of your acne will vary the type of treatment applied. Commonly acne scars can be divided into different types they are,
- Hyperpigmentation: It is nothing but darker areas of the skin and it is not scaring. But it can benefits from the same treatments as acne scarring.
- Ice Pick: this type of scars is small, pitted scars.
- Boxcar: it is distributed at an angle and it looks like the scars left by the chickenpox. These scars are shallower pits than the ice pick scars.
- Rolling: These scars represent deeper skin damage and they are wide and shallow. It looks like waves moving across the skin.
- Hypertrophic scars: it occurs when the skin over-reacts during the healing process and they are raised and lumpy. Hypertrophic scars are mostly results of severe, cystic acne.
A dermatologist may even suggest an over-the-counter treatment and this treatments for mild acne usually contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acids.
Treatment option for mild acne scarring:
Dermatologist gives you a lot of acne scarring and there is a lot of dermatological treatment for light acne scarring. Options are,
- Dermabrasion: This treatment helps to remove the top layer of skin and is used for small scars.
- Topical treatment: this treatment includes topical creams that contain retinoids or silicone.
Resurfacing to treat severe acne scars:
Severe scars will take more intensive treatments to heal and resurfacing may be needed to treat severe acne scarring. Chemical peels used to remove the topmost layer skin and the laser resurfacing light therapies are high-energy light beams used to burn away damaged skin. Raised acne scars can be treated with pulsed dye laser.
A doctor will need to treat the acne scarring from beneath the skin and there are a variety of ways. The subcutaneous incision also called subcision and dermatologist will use a surgical probe to pull apart the skin and scar tissue. Subcutaneous treatments results in the scar flattening and is used for pitted acne scars.
These are the treatments used by the dermatologist to treat acne scars. Mostly this treatment will rid of acne scars from your face. If you are not looking for the treatment then you have the option to use mark removal cream for better results.