Women with low quality egg, problems with uterus lining, and men with low sperm count and low sperm quality finds it hard to have a baby. So, consulting fertility specialist in Chennai can show you ways to get out of fertility issues. ICSI is an AST i.e. assisted reproductive technology procedure, which enhances the possibilities of becoming a parent. ICSI is a type of fertility treatment that helps women to get pregnant and give birth to a healthy child. Before getting on to the process of ICSI let us first know how ICSI helps in becoming a parent. In ICSI, the best quality egg is fused with best quality sperm because of which the chances of formation of healthy embryo and successful pregnancy increases.
ICSI is an advanced or specialized form of IVF treatment i.e. In vitro fertilization. In IVF the egg and sperms are kept together and allowed to fertilize in a dish. In ICSI, the sperm is directly injected into the egg to increase the fertility chances. It is done mainly in cases of male-factor infertility where sperm finds it hard to enter into an egg.
Now, let us know how this process is being carried out:
- Generation of multiple eggs: Fertility treatments are expensive and there can be many reasons for the process failure if you take just one egg. So before starting the treatment women are given fertility drugs. These drugs stimulate your ovaries and it starts releasing multiple number of eggs rather than just one or two. During medication follicles prepare themselves for the eggs to get matured.
- Trigger shots: After proper development of follicles the trigger shots are given. These shots help eggs to get matured fully. For the fertilization process to start it is important for the egg to get matured.
- Removal of egg: When eggs are matured, doctor will precisely remove them from the follicles with the help of needle. A good number of matured eggs are taken out so that if a few eggs fail during the process then also they can have options.
- Fertilization: The quality of egg and sperms are examined in order to insert the highest quality sperm with a healthy egg. A single sperm is then injected into the cytoplasm of an egg.
- Inserted into the uterus: After keeping them for around 4 to 5 days the embryo is then inserted into the uterus of women.
This way the basic fertilization process is carried out outside the body and women are capable of giving birth to her child. The other embryos are frozen and stored for future, as there is no surety of success in first attempt. There are some other IVF treatments too that makes fertility possible. If you have any type of problem in getting pregnant then go and consult gynecologist doctor in Chennai. Only a professional can tell you about the complications linked with your pregnancy and suggest right ways to get rid of them.