Mouth swab drug tests are conducted by checking saliva samples to see if someone recently used certain drugs, mostly marijuana. If a person smoked weed today or 1-2 days ago, the test will turn up positive. The difference between failing and passing mouth swab drug test depends on how successful you have been at getting rid of any traces of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
How to prepare
It can be stressful when you know you have to face a drug test of any nature especially at a workplace. Saliva tests are what many workplaces use to test their employees, because they are not expensive and any drug that were recently used by an employee can be detected. This does make it tricky for employee to be prepared and with that being said, here are a few ways that will tip the odds in your favour and help pass the drug test. You can try all of them or just the one that works best for you before the test is conducted.
- Stay Away From Drugs: As soon as you are aware that a test is going to be conducted in a short time, stay clear of all the drugs you use. It takes about 8 hours for the bloodstream of average smoker to absorb the THC. For those who are really heavy drug users, it can take up to 72 hours.
- Don’t Smoke Any Cigarettes: If you are tobacco smoker, try to resist any temptation until the test is over. Smoking releases more saliva because the taste buds and salivary glands open up in the mouth and this does in most cases release THC even more. Try not to smoke cigarettes for 2 days because you wouldn’t want THC filled saliva in your mouth with a drug test coming.
- Chew Some Ice Cubes: Not only will ice keep you cool, but many marijuana smokers do believe that putting some ice in your mouth and chewing it helps pass an oral drug test. Ice can dilute the THC content you have in your saliva to below detectable amounts.
- Good Oral Hygiene Always Helps: Any advice given to you by your dentist should be taken very seriously. Everything that cleanses your teeth can also eliminate traces of THC in your mouth. Before your saliva test, brush your teeth at least 3 times a day and pay extra attention to areas such as the gums, cheeks and tongue.
- Consume A lot Of Fatty Foods: Many people believe that fatty foods increase the body’s THC absorption rate. They turn it into the THC-COOH, which will be stored in the fat cells. While this might be risky, because the THC-COOH can be detected in urine test, still this will raise your chances to pass a mouth swab test, because this chemical compound is undetectable in saliva.
You can also use drug detox mouthwash to cleanse your saliva and pass drug test for sure. It can be purchased online as well as in local stores near you.