Like any other surgery, it is natural to be sceptical before undergoing a gastric sleeve procedure. If you are considering a weight loss surgery then you are bound to have certain doubts and questions about it. Experts who perform gastric sleeve in Maryland suggest that you clear all your doubts before finally getting the procedure done. Here is a short guide for the gastric sleeve procedure and a few things you should know.
- Gastric Sleeve carries the same risks as any other major surgery. Hence, it is advised to only consult expert surgeons after carefully assessing a few options.
- You will lose a lot of weight very quickly after this surgery. To maintain that weight loss you will have to follow a strict diet prescribed by the surgeon or a nutritionist along with regular exercise.
- Majority of your diet will consist of eating healthy food in small portions for the rest of your life. It is a major and permanent lifestyle change you need to be ready for.
- Your health insurance will cover the cost of your Gastric Sleeve surgery if you are eligible for one.
The results of the surgery are very impressive as patients lose a lot of weight very quickly, but how to maintain this outcome is in the hands of the patient itself. Here are a few things that you need to take into consideration after gastric sleeve surgery.
- Consult your dietician or nutritionist regularly and maintain a healthy diet as prescribed by them
- Using a personal trainer for your regular exercise regime could be a smart decision. The trainer will tailor-make exercise plans to manage your weight gain.
- Joining support groups will keep you motivated. Listening to other people’s experience and journeys with weight loss give a sense of belonging and ensure that you are not alone in this.
- Maintain a food journal to track your food consumption. It will help you in coming back to your regular diet if you tend to sway away from it.
- Spend as much time with your family and friends and the people who are important in your life. This will keep up your spirit and will give you more reasons to be fit and healthy.
These are just some tips to inform you about what your life will be like once you decide to undergo weight loss surgery. To know more about this procedure, consult experts in Gastric SleeveMaryland.