Garcinia Cambogia is one of the most popular weight loss supplements across the globe. It is one of the few healthcare supplements that has been discussed and endorsed in celebrity talk shows and programs.
It is made from a purple fruit and it’s native to Southeast Asia. It looks like a mini pumpkin, that can fit inside the palm. On the inside, the fruit is akin to orange or grapefruit. There are many benefits of the fruit itself like antioxidants but the most potent and beneficial component, HCA or hydroxycitric acid is found on the skin or rind of the fruit.
Why is Garcinia Cambogia effective?
Garcinia supports weight loss in its pill form. Its primary component is HCA. This HCA is the reason for Garcinia Cambogia being so effective. The HCA does the following
- HCA or hydroxycitric acid has chemicals that inhibit citrate lyase. The ATP citrate lyase is an enzyme that is responsible for the process of breaking carbohydrates into fat, so by inhibiting citrate lyase, HCA blocks the production of fat in the body.
- HCA acts as a metabolism It increases the fat burning rate of the body
Results and benefits
Garcinia Cambogia has many benefits such as
- It blocks the glucose from converting into fat thereby assists in weight loss and prevents further weight gain.
- It breaks down the stored fat and increases metabolism to burn that fat.
- It increases the production of serotonin which increases the feeling of general well-being thereby reducing the possibility of comfort eating.
- It suppresses the appetite resulting in prevention of further gain and a general weight loss.
Dosage and buying
The recommended doses can be anywhere between 400mg to 1500mg a day. For best results, it should be taken thrice a day orally in equal dosage for a period of a maximum of 12 weeks. It is available in various potencies. Its potency is based on the concentration of hydroxycitric acid. The higher the HCA, the greater will be the potency.
There are many brands of Garcinia Cambogia available online and offline. You can purchase from both online and offline vendors depending on the purity offered by the brand. You should compare various brands to get the brand that has a minimum of 50% Garcinia Cambogia as its main ingredient.
Garcinia Cambogia is the preferred weight loss healthcare supplement to the majority of the population. If clubbed with proper, balanced and nutritious diet along with regular workouts it gives your much-desired results.